RCAF Station Cap de la Madeleine
Base / Station: Cap de la Madelaine
Dates of Operation or Period of Information:
- No. 11 Elementary Flying Training School
- Opened 14 October 1940
- Was operated by:
- Quebec Airways, and
- CP Airlines
- The school was responsible for primary pilot training, this would include solo flying of a basic training aircraft. If the student was successful they would be sent to a Service Flying Training School for continued pilot training on an advanced single or multi engine training aircraft.
- Aircraft Flown:
- No. 11 EFTS was disbanded February 11, 1944.
- No. 1 Aircraft Storage Unit
Date / Reason for closure:
Location – Google Map
Daily Diary – Links – No. 11 Elementary Flying Training School
The Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum, Brandon, Manitoba has created a transcription of this Daily Diary.
Their web site is AirMuseum.ca
This list was compiled from the entries in the Daily diaries of No. 11 Elementary Flying Training School and other sources. The list likely does not include all fatalities of personnel who died while stationed at RCAF Station Cap de la Madeline, and likely includes some errors. Currently this list contains 11 personnel.
5 November 1940
21 September 1941
20 October 1941
25 April 1942
The following personnel were recommended for courts martial and a file was created on the Charged Offence, not all Offences were tried. This list is not complete but I will be working my way through the reels in the upcoming months.
- Warrant Officer 2nd Class Joseph Augustin Henri Rousselle (RCAF-R104786)
- Trial Date – 18 August 1943
- File is 93 pages in length
- Charges involve aircraft – Fleet Finch-4597
No 11 Elementary Flying Training School
For More information – External Links
- MilitaryBruce.com – Canadian Military History by Bruce Forsyth
- Site Plan:
- Aerodrome Disposal File: