RCAF Station Pendleton
Years in Use:
- No 10 Elementary Flying Training School
- sponsor- Hamilton Aero Club
- Moved from Mount Hope (Hamilton), Ontario – 31 August 1942
- Disbanded – 15 September 1944
- Aircraft flown:
- de Haviland Tiger Moth – August 1942 – began being phased out 30 June 1944
- Fairchild Cornell – 30 June 1944 – 15 September 1944
- 1 x Harvard – Post 30 June 1944
- 1 x Anson – post 30 June 1944
- After War- a storage site run by Rockcliffe
Date/Reason for Closure:
- The Publication On Track…the Pilot’s Air Travel Guide (First Annual Edition – 1978) lists the Aerodrome as “Pendleton” – See photos on this page.
- One hanger in use by the Gatineau Gliding Club. (Facebook post 18 Apr 2015)
- One hanger sold to a nearby community, now an arena.(comments in facebook post above)
Training Area Map – No 10 Elementary Flying Training School
On Track – 1978
Location – Google Map
Daily Diary – Links – No. 10 Elementary Flying Training School
No 10 EFTS moved from Mount Hope (Hamilton), Ontario on 31 August 1942.
For the Daily Diary index for No 10 EFTS please see RCAF Station Mount Hope.
This list was compiled from the entries in the Daily diaries of No. 10 Elementary Flying Training School and other sources. The list likely does not include all fatalities of personnel who died while stationed at RCAF Station Pendleton, and likely includes some errors. Currently this list contains 16 personnel.
19 April 1943
15 June 1943
2 July 1943
25 July 1943
31 July 1943
No 10 Elementary Flying Training School
For More information – External Links
- MilitaryBruce.com – Canadian Military History by Bruce Forsyth
- Site Plan:
- Aerodrome Disposal File: