RCAF Station Calgary
Base / Station: Calgary (Municipal airport)
Dates of Operation or Period of Information:
Integral Units: No 37 Service Flying Training School
Unit Duties / Information:
Financial Impact: formed nucleus of present-day international airport.
Current Status: some hangers and base buildings stil exist, all civilian owned. Remnants of runways/taxiways still present. All south-east corner of airport.
Location – Google Map
Daily Diary – Links – No. 37 Service Flying Training School
This list was compiled from the entries in the Daily diaries of No. 37 Service Flying Training School and other sources. The list likely does not include all fatalities of personnel who died while stationed at RCAF Station Calgary, and likely includes some errors. Currently this list contains __ personnel.
The following personnel were recommended for courts martial and a file was created on the Charged Offence, not all Offences were tried. This list is not complete but I will be working my way through the reels in the upcoming months.
- Squadron Leader Richard Dingle Adams (RAF – 19127)
- Charged for fraud
- Trial – 8 April 1943
- File is 205 pages in length.
- Member was found guilty and sentenced to dismissal from His Majesties Service.
- Flying Officer Arthur St. John Price (RAF – 48312)
- Charged with flying offences.
- Trial – 2 February 1943
- File is 127 pages in length.
- Member was found guilty of at least one of the charges and sentenced to:
- A severe reprimand
- a fine of $100
- Loss of seniority.
No 37 Service Flying Training School
For More information – External Links
- MilitaryBruce.com – Canadian Military History by Bruce Forsyth
- Site Plan:
- Aerodrome Disposal File: